Thursday, December 03, 2009

I am like this only

As soon as I came to work this morning, I went to the canteen to make a cup of coffee for myself. Here it is only instant coffee with sugar and creamer...don't like it too much, but I just need this cuppa to start my day. We have a hot water dispenser and the water is really boiling hot. When I started pouring the hot water into my mug, thinking of various things as usual, I suddenly felt my hand hot and burning. I had accidentally poured the boiling water on my hand! I immediately put my cup down and ran my hand under the tap water to cool it down and then tried waving it up and down in the air to reduce the burning sensation. Though my hand was scalding, I was cool as a cucumber throughout. And then it hit me. I did not scream out in pain at all. In fact, whenever I'm hurt, have a fall, in fact even when involved in an accident, I don't scream. At all, period.

But, I will scream my head off when I see a lizard/insects or break glassware/crockery or is somebody sneaks up on me from behind. Is this some sort of a syndrome or a disease? Maybe I'm just weird this way.

1 comment:

SJ said...

Looks like you are a good girl. I would have screamed bloody murder and made them give me a day off, then gone off to watch a movie :)