Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Jurrasic Singapore

I still remember when I first moved to Singapore, how amazed I was that "Milo" was one popular drink at the roadside stalls or hawker centres as they call here. They are even more popular than tea/coffee & coke. I mean, as a kid, I used to run miles away from such drinks and my mom really had a tough time getting me to drink 2 glasses of Milo/Boost a day (morning and evening) and now, here I am in a country that has Milo as its national drink ! My mom still can't stop smirking. Talk about ironies.

Anyhow, just like we have our variations in tea, coffee, the Singaporeans, have their versions of Milo as we R discovered long time back. I found out about it only recently.

Milo Dinosaur (a cup of milo with an extra spoonful of powdered undissolved Milo added to it) and Milo Godzilla (a cup of Milo with ice cream or topped with whipped cream). Now we're waiting for Milo T-Rex ! (nope that does'nt exist yet, I think !)


Of course, R loves both of them and keeps trying to make me drink it as well. A healthy and yummy option, he says.

From Mummy to Hubby....sins of my previous janma, I guess. Sigh !




6 comments:

SJ said...

I will take 1 cupa of Milo Godzilla! Yes, I remember the Milo craze, but that time there was no Milo Jurassic parks - I wish there was!
Wait, shouldn't you like Milo Godzilla, it must be just like chocolate milkshake with ice cream n jazz no?

Indi Cook said...

@ SJ : Naah...can't stand it. I HATE MILO ! Actually, while I love chocolates, I can't stand chocolate icecream, choco shakes, etc. Yeah, I'm weird that way.

OK..when you come to Singpaore, will treat you to lots of Milo Godzilla's !

SJ said...

Hey I get all my patterns from a site called Ravelry. You just need to register and will be able to access all the patterns.

Indi Cook said...

Thanks SJ. Will check it out.

amna said...

hehehe.. i was quite amused at this too, the popularity of milo :)

Thinkala said...

oh god, what i wouldn't do a for one of those now!