Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's in a name!

My f-i-l has such a problem pronouncing names and whenever he visits us, he leaves us with a lot of gems. Here is one such....
After returning from a walk, this is the conversation we had :
FIL : You know, I met this nice Indian lady at the park today. She stays just opposite the park. I've given her your phone # and she said she'll call in a while to give her address.
Me : Oh ! That's nice. What's the lady's name?
FIL : (with an absolutely straight face): Mineral Rani
Me : Staring at him open mouthed : Mineral Rani???
Trinng trring...telephone ghanti interrupts.
Me, picking up the phone : Hello
Person on the other end : Hello, I just met "my FIL's name" at the park and I told him I'll call. My name is Mrinalini.

Mrinalini to Mineral Rani...after all, what's in a name, eh ?

3 comments:

amna said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.. this is hilarious!! and its so sweet he finds friends for you :)

SJ said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait! He find friends for u? Send him here, I dont care if she is mineral rani or minerva circle I will make friends!

Indi Cook said...

@ Nags & SJ : yeah, he "tried" to find friends for me of his age group !!!

SJ - LOL at Minerva circle. good one. he he he